SafetyRail Pedestrian Barricade
SafetyRail™ ADA-Compliant Pedestrian Barricade
Versatile Design Provides Safe, Continuous Guidance for Pedestrians
SafetyRail meets ADA Guidelines and MUTCD 2009 Edition Standards both as a sidewalk closure or longitudinal channelizer. Designed for use with the PSS Wave Guide Rail, SafetyRail provides pedestrians, especially those with limited vision or mobility issues, with a safe, continuous guide through pedestrian work zones.
SafetyRail ADA-Compliant Features for Safe, Detectable Guidance:
- Smooth, continuous upper surface for safer hand-trailing.
- Long cane users can tap confidently. Space between bottom and ground is less than 2″; reduces potential for trapped cane tips.
- Accepts pedestrian aids like warning lights and Audible Information Devices.
- Retroreflective sheeting helps guide pedestrians safely through work zones.
- Flat vertical surface (the front, as shown) eliminates obstacles, like those found in most barricades.
As highlighted by the yellow line, SafetyRail’s design does not contain obstacles that protrude into the walkway.
SafetyRail can be used as a single unit, to create sidewalk closures, OR in multiple units, to create continuous, interlocking, longitudinal channelizer arrays.
SafetyRail provides safe, continuous, detectable guidance for pedestrians, especially for pedestrians with limited vision or mobility issues.